IRVING AREA HISTORICAL MUSEUM
Some Pictures on Display in the Museum
HOME
Merchandise Bank History In The News Village History Contact Us
Grand Opening
Township History Donations
Items On Display
Henry Hartman with Load of Coal
John & Mary Grantham
1st Automobile in Irving
Building the Railroad - Ohlman, Illinois 1856
Main Street - Irving
1940's Irving Independent Baseball Team.  Wendell Kessler & The Boys
The Weller Family
Mr. & Mrs. Hamilton in front of Shell Service Station that they owned and operated during the 1930's.   It was located directly across State Street (Hwy 16) from the old Irving bank building which now houses the Irving Area Historical Museum.  Picture submitted by Mary (McClean) Harris.
This picture was probably taken in the early 1900's.    The building was F. P. Cockelreas's General Store and is now (2007) owned and operated as a meat and grocery store by Jerry Bennington and his son Todd.    The buillding was built in 1908.
John Del Canton behind the bar of his tavern in the main street building which is now the Irving Township Building.  Picture probably taken in late 1930's or early 1940's.
Walter V. Berry in front of The Berry and Harkey Store.     Now (2007) occupied by Grandma's Kitchen.    Notice the old Hotel in background of open space across the railroad tracks.
More Pictures on Display coming SOON to this Website
HOME
Back to Previous Pictures